Relicing props is probably something that started as early as when first plays in ancient Greece were performed. In World War II relicing became a means of survival. A British spy could not be seen with prestine German papers and uniform, as that would arouse suspicion. So subtle ways of aging (so called wear) was developed. We researched these techniques and apply them to your close up props. But also massive wear to portray the age on stage or film, without looling fake! Is what we can do.
Props that look new do not have that same vibe as props that are perhaps 20, 50 or even 100 years old!
Especially in bizarre magic where the age of the prop draws people in more. However in the music scene old looking instruments are a rage these days!
Since we build and maintain props we can also age them for you or make them look: "vintage", "road worn" or "dusty".
Whether it's a $3000 guitar or a $3 photo we make it look like it was from yesteryear going with what you're looking for.
Add that little extra convincer to your, play, performance and/or film.
Besides relicing guitars we also modify (bass)guitar electronics on demand. Do you want new pickups, pots, filters in your guitar? No problem!
A Vintage sounds is just as important as a vintage look.
We also create custom (electronic) methods-, tools- and effects for the stage performer.
- Spirit telegraphs for bizarre magicians.
- Wireless visual cueing devices to communicate information to magicians or musicians.
- Aging of props
- Light and Sound controlling systems that is easy to use for any performer.
- Thinking up methods to make the effect happen that you as a performer-, director- or producer has in mind.
Our speciality is creating, wireless- and/or computer based solutions for the modern day stage performer. Our wide knowledge and experience in both IT/Electronics and stage art will assure that you get the best solution you need. We have created methods for some of The Next Uri Geller performers which were the pinacle of a demonstration.
Some effects are so unique or costly that a performer or production company, who needs to use it only once, simply cannot afford. Or more often than not when dealing in the magic-realm cannot find it on the market.
- Therefore we hire out effects/methods
The effects we deal in ourselves are mainly in the mental-magic and bizarre magic area (ghosts, victorian magic) because that's what we are most experience in ourselves. But through our network we are very well capable of liaising with other performers as well and get those things you need for your show.
Just being a good actor, magician, mentalist, fakir or hypnotist is no longer enough and you know that! Your act needs and deserves to have a solid character and storyline behind it. A good storyline and buildup intrigues the audience whizzing them away from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
For most Mystery Performers writing and scripting is a long way out of their comfort zone and combining audience psychology/perception, logic, buildup and testable facts is after all not always easy.
Therefore we also offer to you the following services to help you get a well written show:
- Creating routines
- Scripting routines
- Scripting shows
- Character creation
- Hypnotic Stories
- Sparring partner
Raymond has experience in creating routines, scripts, shows and characters for both: Stage and TV.
He had considerable creative influence at some of the contestants of: De Nieuwe Uri Geller (Dutch version of Phenomenon).
He has created Michel Keck's Parapsychological Detective character plus all his routines, unique methods and scripts.
For "Vincent de Vampier" he designed the method for one of his acts.
He consulted Deborah Burgersdijk in season 3 of The Next Uri Geller and her TV appearance in Holland's Got Talent.
On a regular basis he works as a sparring partner for other performers and TV production companies.
We both provide fixed project rates and hourly rates. That way you can manage the investment more easily. Please contact us now to get your creative juices flowing and develop a production to be proud of.
Often performers like: magicians, hypnotists, mentalists and fakirs perform in conference rooms, garden parties and gymnasiums. They are usually not well equipped when it comes to the sound and light department. And if there's sound and/or lighting available then often they don't know how to operate them.
A show that's dressed up with lights and a backdrop will make all the difference. It turns an okay show into an amazing show, let alone what it can do for an already good show! Therefore we provide this rental service for light sets, microphones and backdrop to other performers. Everything we rent out is portable and folds nice and small so that it can be transported in most cars.
Specialized audio and video rental companies charge high fees because they keep a lot of equipment in stock. Often you must also hire an expensive engineer which raises the cost even further. As mutual performers we know that the casual performer cannot miss that kind off money and does not have the financial means to invest in these setups. Therefore we charge reasonable fees that allow you to get some good equipment to dress up your performance in those less than inspiring locations.
What can we offer?
- ShowTec Compact LED Lightset (a total of 4 LED lights per mast)
- You can create almost any colour light by mixing red, green and blue. One mast is enough to light your set in a conference room. Lightweight and portable.
- ShowTec RGBY Star Cloth backdrop (3x2 meters housing 96 LEDs)
- A black backdrop with 96 LEDs which hides those ugly walls giving your show that professional edge.
- Chauvet ColorStrip
- A 1 meter wide colour light bar which is ideally suited to create footlight are back light small and light and easy to transport.
- Smoke machine
- Obey 70 Light mixer
- Shure PG30 headset and receiver
- Sennheiser handheld microphone
- Samsung 150WATT portable PA set (6 channels, 4 mono, 2 stereo)
- 1000 lumen beamer (no screen)
Live video registration
We also provide event registration, using 3 HD cameras. 2 small HD Sony Camcorders for the close up related footage and 1 Sony HD Prosumer camera. Whether you want your: wedding, magic performance, music performance, play or musical to be taped we will get the best possible footage at a low friendly price. For 8 hours we charge 500 euros ex VAT which also includes editing all the footage.
You can also rent the cameras individually. The Sony HXR-2000E will be rented out for 50 euros per day and the Sony HD camcorders you can rent for 20 euros per day a piece.
Need a sound- light or camera engineer?
When you require an engineer then we deliver one for a minimal charge! That way you can focus on your performance and let the engineer start and stop the and operate the lights.
- We rent out equipment on a per day bases. You can already hire a light mast for 50 euros a day including the Obey light controller. When hiring the whole light setup we can offer you a superb rate of 120 euros per day. Which contains of: 2 light masts, the star backdrop, the colorstrip, smoke machine and the Obey light controller.
- The portable 150 watt PA can be rented including Sennheiser microphone, headset microphone microphone stand for 50 euros a day.
- You rent an engineer for 50 euros an hour ex VAT.
Please contact us for details on hiring some equipment, rental options are only available for The Netherlands or Belgium.